Newsletter Spring 1
8th January 2016
Monday – Dance 15:15 – 16:00pm
Tuesday – Music Club 15:15 – 16:00pm
Wednesday – Netball Club – 15:15 – 16:00pm
Friday – Tag Rugby – 15:15 – 16:15pm
Happy New Year! Welcome back to school, I hope you had a lovely Christmas. May I take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of the staff for all the kind gifts and cards they received before the holidays.
It`s already January and our whole school attendance currently stands at 95.0% . This is lower than we would have liked at this stage and is due to higher incidences of illness affecting children and ongoing unauthorised absences.
Our target for 2015/16 is 96.0% and we can only achieve this with your support.
Every half-day absence from school has to be classified by the school (not by the parents), as either AUTHORISED or UNAUTHORISED. This is why information about the cause of any absence is always required.
When is it ok for your child to stay away from school?
- Illness – If your child is genuinely ill then, of course, they will need to remain at home. Please contact the school office, before 9.30am with an absence reason. The telephone is manned from 8.15 am and you are able to leave a message on the answer phone before that time. If you are unsure as to whether your child can attend school, please contact your doctor or speak to the school office on 01924 303725.
- Medical appointments - try to avoid medical appointments during school time, or make them as close to the end of the school day as possible. Naturally there will be times when this isn’t possible, but try to give us as much advance warning as possible. (Proof of appointment required)
- Bereavements – let us know as soon as possible if you suffer a loss in the family – we will want to make sure that the staff and pupils act sensitively with your child on return.
- Religious festivals – request in writing in advance for time off for religious reasons.
When is it not ok for your child to stay away from school?
- Holidays – only in exceptional circumstances will term time holidays be authorised by the school.
- Birthdays - your child should still attend school, even if it is their birthday.
Full Time School Applications
If your child was born between 1st September 2011 and 31st Aug 2012 they will be due to start school in September 2016. You should have received a form from the Local Authority. You must return the form to the Local Authority before the 15th January 2016.
If you did not receive an application pack call 01924 306052 or download an application form at www.wakefield.gov.uk/admissionstoschool.
Headteacher and Designated teacher for Child Protection