Pupil Premium Funding
11th November 2014
Pupil Premium Funding – Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
As you are aware from September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, were eligible to receive free school meals. If you receive benefits and your child is in one of these year groups, we would like to make you aware that the school can receive extra funding (Pupil Premium) for every child registered as eligible for a free school meal.
The money is for schools to decide how to use it, but the focus in our school is to fund valuable support like extra tuition, addition teaching staff and after school activities. We also ensure that all Pupil Premium children get two free jumpers/cardigans each school year and a reduced fee or no charge for some clubs. And in January they will also qualify for free school milk.
To qualify for Pupil Premium you must be in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, with no Working Tax Credit, and an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
* If you qualify please contact the school office and they will help you to register. Don`t let your school miss out on this important extra funding that will benefit your child!
We would like to reassure all parents that your child will not be identified publically in any way if they receive this funding and that all information collected is kept confidential.
It will not affect your benefit claims in any way.